1.14.2013

{renovate} THE LIST. 2013.

Friends!  I can't even believe I'm going to post this list ... but in the interest of complete transparency, I thought we'd take a look at the list I made last year at this time about all the projects we were going to accomplish in 2012. I actually laughed out loud when I re-read this list last week -- we were seriously a little over ambitious! We'd actually talked about doing both the kitchen and bathroom in one year. HA! See? A little crazy :).

 Now, I've already mentioned that we aren't taking on any new remodeling projects this year, but I updated this list to show you what we did accomplish last year (crossed out), will tackle this year (ital) and new additions.

Kitchen - at least the list starts on a high note?? :)
  • Install new counter top
  • Tear up linoleum (BOTH layers) and refinish hardwoods
  • Build a kitchen island
  • Install a dishwasher

Back Porch - I am determined to finish this room up this year. It keeps getting pushed to the bottom of the list and then acts as a staging area for bigger projects. This year I want to finish and then just ENJOY.
  • Refinish chairs
  • Paint floor
  • Add artwork
Bathroom: gut. Off. The. List. 2014, I'm looking at you.
  • Install new non-wood window
  • Tear out everything
  • Tile floor
  • Tile shower
  • Paint
Craft room: This room. Sigh. Seriously needs help. I've worked on it here and there, but I need to take a serious look at functionality.
  • Find a suitable organizing system
  • Finish decorating
NEW: Living room: We'll be switching up the furniture in this room. I'm so excited!
  • New ottoman
  • Find room for new couch
I think this list is much more realistic. I'm excited to get started on all these projects! Well, after we finish up that kitchen :).

7 comments:

  1. I don't think you did too badly! It's good to be ambitious:) Love your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just getting the kitchen done is more than most would accomplish in a year. Can't wait to see it unveiled Jenn! Also looking forward to seeing the new sofa at home in your LR with the other tweaks in store for that room. Very do-able, all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I love your style! I'm excited to see what you do this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work crossing stuff off the list...and looking at this year in a realistic way! That kitchen...man...I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see the new couch in your living room! Can't wait to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. those rooms are super cute.

    i'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by and sharing! :)