11.14.2011

{inspired} Mood Board Monday: dinnerware

Happy Monday friends! 

Today is an extra special monday because it's .... Moodboard Monday again! Moodboard Monday is a monthly event hosted by the lovely Sarah of Pewter and Sage. Each month Sarah teams up with another blogger to pick the theme for the moodboard. This month's theme is dinnerware, and how it fits into a dining room. Sarah gave us four different, all beautiful, dinnerware sets to choose from. I chose to design a dining room around David Stark Wood Slices. I just love the gold, it's so perfect for this time of year.
For this board, I set out to create a room that is a a little moody, a little rustic and a little refined. I set out to pull in some darker wood tones and offset them with a lovely khaki green, gold highlights and a pop of light blue to keep the room from being too serious.

Last night I was very ready to give up. Mood boards are not easy for me, but I'm glad I kept working at it. I really love how this room came together and it makes me really wish I had a dining room in my house!

Make sure you hop over to Sarah's blog and check out the other mood boards. They're all GORGEOUS!


10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you didn't give up, because you did a wonderful job on your board. I love the rustic, yet mod feel to room. The DIY artwork is awesome! Something I'm definitely keeping in my inspiration file.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors, and all of the items go together beautifully! This is similar to what I'm planning for my dining room :)

    Myers Maison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhh, this is gorgeous! The painting is so perfect as is the mix of furniture. Modern but eclectic, great colors and so very Jenn!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn!! It's stunning!!! I absolutely love it - it's got your name (and MINE) written all over it. I'm in love with that sideboard, the painting, the upholstered chair, the light fixture. I'm so glad you kept plugging through. You are right, these are not easy and are quite time consuming but you certainly did a knock out job. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, Jenn!!! So excited you are here with us today! And I'm kinda glad to hear that this is not the easiest task for you (or Holly!)...these mood boards take me forever and I always panic halfway through that mine sucks or I went the wrong way with it or that I'm not going to find like the last piece of furniture I need or whatever. Thank you for sticking with it, you have created such a beautiful, unique room. Love the color palette, its right up my alley. Those Anthro end chairs are fabulous! And the DIY chevron art? That was the first thing that caught my eye and I wanted to know more:) Love that you thought about the table setting, I totally wimped out on that part. Great, great job...we are lucky to have you:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing. I love the color palette and all of it in the artwork. The plate looks gorgeous in the more rustic charger. The Anthropologie chair is perfect in style and color for this setting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great board! I am dying for that Anthropologie chair! Perhaps I'll get it into my client's house if not my own!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Room! I love the color combination. And the sideboard is awesome. I think I want to try DIY chevron art of above our bed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this and those colors are perfect together!! Looks like a place I would like to have Thanksgiving:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very Pretty!! What program do you use for mood boards? I have attempted a few but my board never looks right!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by and sharing! :)