11.16.2011

{inspired} festive table settings

It turns out that I'm going to be hosting Thanksgiving this year! We usually spend the holiday with one of our families, but we decided this year to host a couple friends in our itty-bitty house. And, we're so excited! Since the decision was made this week though, I have a lot of planning to do!

First up, I've been looking at table decor. My favorite part :). Remember, that we we have a wee farm table, which means not a lot of space to work with. But I've gathered up images that are both beautiful, and could work on a smaller space table.









The theme running through all these photos is neutral + non-traditional colors. A blue thanksgiving? Lovely. I know for the most part I'll be working with what I have on hand, and what I have on hand it not really geared towards thanksgiving. But you can be assured that no matter what I end up doing, I'll share the result with you all. :)

What table setting is your favorite? Have you ever hosted Thanksgiving? How do you decorate your table?

9 comments:

  1. Lovely tablescapes. They're simple and natural--perfect. Good luck with hosting T-giving dinner! Can't wait to see your table:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first one is beautiful! I love those blue pumpkins! Good luck with hosting Thanksgiving! Last year I cooked my first Thanksgiving meal for my husband and father-in-law but we ended up just sitting on the sofa and watching the game! Can't wait to see your table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another theme...goodness from the earth - pumpkins, sticks, flowers, stuff that won't break the bank. I always think that fresh flowers bring a ton of punch to a room. I really love the Lauren Leonard dining space, but I'm also in love with the tablecloth from Crate & Barrel with the burgundy and blue. Can't wait to see what you come up with - have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE all of these! Great choices. You know #4 is my inspiration for this Thanksgiving :) I can't wait to see your results!

    Myers Maison

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS tablesetting inspiration! love the pics that you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. With these inspirations I have no doubt your table will be brilliant! Have fun hosting Thanksgiving, it's a pretty simple meal to prepare, just requires organization and time. Have fun!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of these! Thanksgiving is one of my favorites, and decorating for it is fun too... I'll be planning my table out this weekend and I'm excited to incorp some of these ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous. What a stunning collection of tables. With this kind of inspiration, I cannot wait to see what you whip up!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by and sharing! :)