12.13.2010

{inspired} dessert table

Do you all read the Amy Atlas Sweet Designs blog? If not, it's very worth checking out. Amy Atlas is a dessert table creator. How cool is THAT job? And, on her blog she showcases the dessert tables she's created. Friends, they are incredible. I love checking in to see her latest dessert masterpiece. And, I've loved the concept of a dessert table since I was planning our wedding.

So, I decided I wanted to create a dessert table. And what better timing than Christmas when I can invite my friends over to eat all the desserts? Oh who am I kidding, my friends would be game anytime of year., but Christmas parties are just so fun! I snapped some photos during the day (yah! light!) before the party. So, I wanted to share a few with you.


The loose (very loose) theme was cookies for Santa. For colors, I went with red, white, silver and shades of brown. Recognize the wreath? :)

For dessert, there were cookies, and cake pops.


And cupcakes galore.

There were m & m's and gum drops.


And, milk! Because what's a cookie for Santa without a glass of cold refreshing almond milk? ;)

I had so much fun creating the table. Planning the table lended itself perfectly to my over-achieving, slightly o.c.d personality. You have to work to your strengths, right?

I'll be back later this week with the steps I followed for creating this dessert table, and the recipes I used. Because they were all awesome. I'll also let you know what was everyone's favorite treat. I was a little surprised, myself!


ps. Thanks for all of you who chimed in last week with holiday song favorites! Chris and I created an awesome Christmas play list, that I listened to all weekend long and was the perfect back drop to the party.

6 comments:

  1. This is sooooo A.A!!! You did a stellar job arranging it! and omg if it tastes even half as good as it looks.... bueno! <3

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve the best hostess gift that money can buy! What a great set up...and if the treats tasted 1/3 as good as they looked, your guests were likely all smiles. Great job!

    *Tania @ Passport2Design.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh Jenn! I LOVE it; the theme is amazing; so cheery and bright! One question: can i come pu-lease!?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! :) And Vikki -- heck yes, you can come to any of my parties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table setting looks amazing! I love all the small touches like the straws and flags. They really make a difference.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by and sharing! :)