12.31.2010

{create} an amazing 2011

Happy New Year's friends!


I've been thinking about this post all week: been thinking about resolutions and been reflecting on 2010. And I'm not gonna lie ... 2010 was a weird year. Chris and I both had some great amazing things happen personally and professionally and we both had some pretty rotten things happen personally and professionally. It was quite a roller coaster to say the least and I'm not sad to see it go. The best part of the roller coaster though? I was riding it with my best friend in the entire world. We both learned so much, and it became very clear how very blessed we are.


I was looking at my 2010 resolutions this week, and you know what? I actually accomplished almost all of these. Especially the laughing more, which was the most important one. I didn't open an etsy store (that pesky rotten personal stuff got in the way), but I'm still hoping to this year.

So, I'm looking forward to 2011 with a renewed hope that this year will rock. Plain and simple. And, while I have a long list of goals, I really only have two resolutions.

Be more spontaneous.

Take risks.

I'm not great at either. But I plan on being great at both by 2012!

I wish you all the happiest and best year in 2011! I'm excited to share the journey with you, and so grateful that you stop by here to share it with me. I truly appreciate you all! And, whatever your celebrations plans are for tonight ... I hope you have a great, sparkly night! I will be celebrating with champagne and .... bowling!


So, what are you plans for ringing in the new year? Do you prefer spending a low key evening at home (usually my first choice!), or a crazy fun party? And, what are your resolutions for 2011?


**Photos via We Heart It, except the quote. That is from the incredibly talented and insightful Notebook Doodles**

9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Jenn!!! I hope you make your dreams come true this year,

    a lot of kisses from spain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations- I am giving you the Stylish Blogger Award!

    http://kraftykat76.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you accomplished most of your 2010 goals. Time for 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of your resolutions- it sounds like you're setting yourself up for a lot of FUN in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stylish blogger award was given to you from Moon Walk! Congrats! Visit my blog tomorrow to see the award! Keep up the good work. I just love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awe Jenn, beautiful post, lovely sentiments. we rode a bit of a roller coaster this year as well. but i just adore what you said about riding it with Chris. heart melt moment for sure. cheers to many grand moments in this new year ahead! resolution numero uno for me is to try to be true with my intentions, not to sway off course (as can sometimes happen). ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. We painted our kitchen. It was a rockin party for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year! I'm not so big on resolutions, per se, but I am thinking ahead to the new year, excited about the sensation of a fresh start. I have lots of big plans for January, and a couple of small things I'd like to keep in mind this year - your plans seem like good ones! I could use some more risk taking in my life, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm adding "Be more spontaneous" to my list, too.
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by and sharing! :)