6.10.2010

{inspired} lofts

I shared with you last fall my trip to the annual Portland Street of Dreams. I love peeking into other houses and am kind of fascinated by lofts. I think they're beautiful. I'm not sure their suitable for our lifestyle (i LOVE my yard!), but that doesn't stop me from being completely nosy and wanting to peek into them.

I was super excited when Apartment Therapy recently post a Portland loft house tour. I love when lofts are decorated to play up their industrial style and this one did not disappoint. Even in the entry, above there are industrial pipes near huge wood beams. *Love*.

Exposed pipes. Cement wall. Beautiful hardwoods. A touch of exposed brick. Check, check, check and check. The texture in this loft is amazing. The furniture is all low, which lets you see beyond and really opens the space. The industrial desk on the left fits in well with the space and is open and light.

What's spaces do you dream of living in?

1 comment:

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by and sharing! :)