12.07.2009

crafty goodness

Hope everyone had a great weekend. WE started decorating for Christmas! I love decorating for Christmas. But I discovered this weekend that I don't really love my Christmas decorations. I'm working on remedying the situation and will hopefully have lots of fun and inexpensive ideas and projects to share.

A couple weeks ago, I started thinking how fun it would be to include a little homemade-something with each gift we give. This is for two reasons. One, to make the gift look extra special. And two, to give me an excuse to bake. :)

I set out this weekend to work on packaging and wanted to share what I've come up with.



Cute, right? The best part is I had everything on hand. I think this means technically they were free? Well, at least free this weekend. ;) The bag fabric is extra material from our IKEA curtains, and is the perfect weight. The *tag* is simply paper sewn onto the bag. I love mixing media and have been super intrigued by sewing on paper. It worked beautifully and looks so charming.


Now to decide what to stuff them with!

1 comment:

  1. So cute. I have a great recipe for molasses sugar cookies. They're very festive cookies.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by and sharing! :)