9.15.2009

scenes from the weekend: antique fair

I look forward to the Sunday after Labor Day all year. Why, you might wonder? That Sunday marks the annual Coburg Antique Fair.


On the corner of historic depot st. and awesome lives hundreds of antique dealers and thousands of antique goodies for one.day.only. Chris introduced me to the event and we've gone every year since. Three. But, each year I've come home with fabulous pieces of furniture at even more fabulous prices. I mean, come on, Coburg solved the great kitchen table debate.

This year was no different. There were some completely amazing finds and inspiration galore.


Great shabby-chic bench. Love the pails -- especially the painted stripes.


Love the white table with a #2 added.


Um, didn't I just post about how much I LOVE these. The dealer must have consulted Restoration Hardware though. The prices were way beyond our budget. Sigh. Looks like I'll be planning a covert trip to London to nab one.


I have a confession. I happen to be a large furniture whore. Maybe it's because I've never had either the money or the space, but I lust to fill large rooms with large furniture. Someday.


Pails. For my future farmhouse.


Chris *bargaining*. This is how we roll. I pick out the great items to purchase. Chris gets us a lower price. It works well. Although, I'm pretty sure I didn't pick out the tools he's discussing in this picture. Hmm.


I wonder which he chose.


Beautiful canoe.

And we did, once again, come home with some amazing treasures. You'll have to come back tomorrow, though, to see our finds and hear how they solve a couple unique storage problems.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see what you got. I need to find something like this in the Dallas area.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by and sharing! :)